16 July 2008

Sixty-five Square Feet

that's the size of my room.
and where i do all of my work.
cutting/sewing fabric for anything bigger than wallet-sized drives me crazy.
...i often co-opt my housemate's floorspace.





my space has gone through a number of organizational permutations since i've inhabited it. the most recent is the most functional and lovely. found a bookshelf in the garage, drilled some particle board to the top and voila! a sewing table tall enough for me to sit on a stool at.

















traded in the cumbersome reading chair for a rocker. makes me feel my inner spirit's age when i sit in it and knit. yes, that's a stereotype-perpetuating, age-ist comment. but i do feel like a granny with the pillowcase i got at a dead granny's estate sale and my knitting. at 23, it makes me feel special.



because she's sitting in my lap and purring right now - here's a picture of our house cat, Tillandsia Barracuda Foxheart. Tilly for short.


these last few days i have been sewing.
i'm resurrecting the bi-fold wallets for the zine symposium in august. still coming up with the rest of my sewn inventory. i've made prototypes for a cute reversible apron about which my primary concerns are: price points for this particular venue and production time. also made a prototype for a tool/knitting needle/what-have-you roll-up case, about which my primary concern is boredom. truth is it's not that interesting to sew a rectangle to a square to another square, then sew twenty separate straight lines.
pictures to come...

No comments: