14 September 2008

Short-Range Missiles

i've been sucked into the world of style blogging for the last two hours and haven't gotten around to detailing my goals for the next couple weeks, so i suppose i'll do it here.


1) silk wallets!
i scored a load of houndstooth silk - probably tie samples - from SCRAP a couple weeks ago, along with the necessary vinyl facing to make my bi-fold wallets (see past posts). this is the first time i'll be working with silk in any capacity, really. the pattern, colors, and texture lend itself to a sophisticated look, though hopefully still fun!



2) work on my damned website!
for my birthday my fabulous sister entitled me to a domain name of my choice, custom web design, an easy-to-use content management system, and back-end support for a whole year. why do i not have a website yet? ok, it's only been three weeks. but still. i don't know what the domain name is going to be yet. but today, as i tried to squeeze my feet into a half-size too small pair of calf-high onitsuka tiger sneakers (god did i want them to be my size...picture to come), i decided on the tagline for the site: "No Pain for Fashion!"


3) draft skirt slopers for sister, housemate!
despite my miniscule workspace of 65 square feet, i must plug along in my patternmaking practice. i have clients! but it's just that much more work to lug all my stuff into my housemate's room, work on the floor, move back to my room, iron on the floor in my room, blah blah blah. see the mental block i create? it's a hump i have to work through. as my housemate micah once said, "if christian siriano can do it, so can you!" (you can see christian's segment in the last episode of PR Season 4 at minute five, here.) so. in order to get better, earn money, practice skills, and have fun designing, i just have to suck it up and work with the space i've got, cause it ain't gonna change any time soon.

good goals.
on another note, all this skirt-age is making me ache for a new pair of tall boots...something with a unique look that isn't too modern or trendy, timeless but rare, comfortable and fabulous. is that too much to ask?

for one reason or another, each of these caught my eye...

No comments: