17 February 2009

SQUEEE :D

six weeks later! seems that i am constantly falling off the horse/ready to get back on the horse.
it has probably been obvious that since i got back from the portland zine symposium in august i haven't been working very much. i spent the fall trying to fill my creative well and find new direction for my creative expression through fashion styling and design.

i have been on hiatus from fashion the last few months, though i did recently style a photoshoot for my lovely friend Sarah Swell - you can read her blog and buy her jewelry online - i'll post a link to my portfolio once i get the final images.



the creeping depression and the concurrent sinking pressure of not "producing" has been getting to me for the last six months.

so i'm finally gettin off my arse and getting back to work! i think the turning point occurred last week when i piled up my multi-gallon containers full of fabric in the hallway. when my housemate asked what i planned to do with it and i told her "get rid of it" she shot me a look like i just told her i was planning to sell my baby off the back of a truck. well it worked. i have a few textile sewing projects simmering in the brainpan already but right now i'm focusing on knitting lace from my favorite knitting book Super Stitches Knitting.

right now my hands are full of the magic sprinkles of creativity, but i will find more and more reason to blog, i'm sure, as projects come to fruition. thanks y'all who keep checking in.

many artgasms to come!

No comments: